Lizards can be a big pain if they don’t leave your house even after using a number of natural ways. They look really creepy and disgusting that people are not even able to bear their sight. No surprise that you will get terrified seeing a lizard in your kitchen when you enter there to cook food, or your bedroom when you are about to set off to sleep. If lizards by any chance are mixed with your food then it can become poisonous and fatal to health. This simply means that no compromises can be made when it comes to getting rid of lizards at home.
This blog talks about some of the effective natural ways which can help you to get rid of lizards in the minimum possible time.
Natural ways to get rid of lizards naturally
- Coffee powder + tobacco- It is the time to put your coffee powder at work. Note that the lizards abhor coffee and leave the place where they find it. So, what all you have to do is to take the coffee powder and then mix it with tobacco to make small balls out of them. Once these balls are made, you can place them at the corners of the room and everywhere else from where lizards usually enter your home. When lizards will eat these balls, they will die or run from that place there and then only. However, extra care has to be taken if you have kids at home. Keep these balls away from toddlers.
- Peacock feathers- Since ages this method is being used to shoo away the lizards from home. Peacock feathers prove to be scary for the lizards making them not to enter the home. The logic behind this is that birds like peacocks eat insects like lizards who are afraid of these birds’ presence. When you hang feathers in your room, windows or doors, it tricks the lizards into thinking that there is a peacock and they stay away from that place.
- Cold water- If you did not know it yet then know it now. Cold water makes the lizards immobile. When lizards face cold water, their minds remain active but they are not able to move physically. This condition is called torpidity. This doesn’t mean that you have to throw a bucket full of ice water wherever you see the lizards. You just need to take a cup of water and throw on it to make it immobile. Due to this same reason, you must have noticed that lizards are seen less in homes in colder months.
- Onions- The pungent smell of onions can prove to be a big time turn off for the lizards. Here, all you need to do is to put pieces of onions at the corners of the room or the places where you notice lizards coming inside the home. Besides using the chunks, you can also make onion juice and mix it with water. This solution can be filled in a spray bottled and sprayed in the corners of the home. The sulfur present in onions will make it harder for the lizards to bear it and enter your home. They will be left with no other option than to abandon that place.
- Garlic- Just like onions, garlic can also do the same work. The strong smell of garlic will keep the lizards away. To utilize this method, all you have to do is to put the cloves of garlic at the door entry, windows and the places from where you think lizards enter. The other alternative to use garlic cloves is that you can make a garlic juice, mix it with water and then spray the mixture in the corners of the house.
- Keep cats- If you have cats at home then lizards must not be a problem for you. Since cats will nosh on these lizards and other insects, they won’t let lizards survive in your home. Even if they don’t eat it, the cats will chase the lizards until they will leave your home completely. So, this is one of the most effective methods that can help you with the showing away of the lizards.
However, if none of the above discussed natural ways work for you then you can call the professional pest control services. A professional pest control service in Delhi has the right kind of pesticides, techniques and methods to make your house pest-free. Just ensure to read the customer testimonial and ratings of the company that you are planning to hire. It will give you an insight into the quality of pest control services offered by that company. So, follow the above mentioned natural ways and call the experts to get rid of the lizards and stay a lizard-free life.