How to deal with pest management in summer? To have helpful insight about this read, continue reading this article. Summer brings fun, sun and unfortunately lots of bugs. You are not only one who enjoys summer season but, the pests do too. Well, no one wants to see bugs around them but, unfortunately summer is the season when pests infest home.
Pest Problems in Summer
Have you ever though that why pest problems increase in the summer season or your home become the center of attraction for pests in summer?
When the temperature begins to increase in summer the pests creep from their deep winter slumbers. They come out in the search of food and ultimately reach your home.
Hence, you should take care of your home and if you will not take good care of your home in this season then, your home will turn into their headquarters.
So, here in this article we are going to discuss the important things you can do to manage summer pest problems. You can keep the bugs away from your home. But, before that we will be discussing about the common summer pests and how to prevent them.
Common Summer Pests
If you want to keep the bugs away from your home in the summer season then, you should know about the type of the summer pests and the above-mentioned are the four most common summer pests.
So, let’s see how to manage these summer pests to keep your house free from bugs’ infestation.
How to Manage Summer Pest Problems
1. Mosquito Control in Summer
Not all summer pests invade your home some are ready to cause problems by living outside also. When you go out in your garden or a nearby park, chances are high you will be bitten by mosquitoes.
No one likes a bite from mosquitoes as it not only annoys people but it can carry diseases as well. This is why it is important to protect yourself from mosquito bites to avoid mosquito-borne illness.
- Cover Up: If the weather allows then full-sleeve shirts, full pants, shocks can prevent mosquito bites. But, always keep in mind that the mosquitoes can bite through a thin fabric.
- Use Mosquito Net: You should sleep under a mosquito net especially if you have kids or infants at home.
- Stay Inside: If you think you are not sure about going outside then it is good to stay inside only. The mosquitoes are commonly find in gardens or parks so, you can stay at home. Close your windows and turn on your AC if you can and stay inside.
- Protect Your Home: Mosquitoes don’t take much time to enter your home, they can enter in just a milliseconds or blink of your eyes. Mosquitoes need small amount of water to breed hence, you should check your backyards for standing/still water.
2. Ticks Control in Summer
Ticks are one of the common summer pests, which needs blood to survive. They are not insects, although they are often mistaken for this. They are arachnids, or relatives of spiders, scorpions and mites and this is why ticks bite can be potentially very harmful and painful.
So, here are the tips through which you can protect yourself from ticks.
- Cover up from top to bottom to keep ticks from exposed skin.
- Reduce time spent in tick-infested places.
- Wear light-colored clothes to see the ticks more easily.
- Apply insect repellent
3. Bees (other Stinging Insects) Control in Summer
Bees are the flying insects that are known for the construction of perennial large nests from wax. The bite of bees can be very painful.
Apart from bees there are many other stinging insects such as yellow jacket, wasps and hornet. So, to keep yourself protected from such stinging insects follow the following tips.
- Keep the trash bin tightly covered.
- Avoid sweet smelling perfumes.
- Cover up by wearing full sleeve shirts and full pants.
- Don’t swat at stinging insects.
4. Ant Control in Summer
Ants are common pests that lives in large colonies and groups. We often seen ants marching on our kitchen shelves or in gardens but if ants can bite you also.
Fire ants bites or sting can cause instantaneous pain hence, you should learn know how to protect yourself and your family from ants.
- Keep the kitchen neat and clean.
- Properly seal the small gaps or holes in exterior walls and windows.
- Keep the foods in airtight containers.
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed away from your home.
To keep all the summer bugs away from your house you can hire Pest Control Company. They are professionals and experts who know how to keep the bugs out of your home.
Search for the best pest control service provider and get pest-free home. Well, no matter what method or ways you choose to manage summer pest’s problems but, don’t let them to ruin your summer.